Conte Denies Milan Links, Claims It's Chelsea For Now

Erica Murray
November 7, 2017

Ealier reports simply claimed that Christensen had been playing where David Luiz normally would have during training - and possibly with David Luiz being made to play ballboy!? - they made no mention of David Luiz not even being present and "taking no part in preparations" for the match against Manchester United!

And with youngster Andreas Christensen having been preferred by Conte in defence, questions over Luiz's Blues future have arisen, although the boss was quick to play down any such suggestions.

"It's very simple. The coach has to make the best decision for the team".

Asked if Luiz has a future with the club, Conte said: 'I don't know. I have these players and then I repeat I have to make the best decision for the team.

"It was only a tactical decision". If I see they are not in good form, it's normal.

"I have to make important decisions".

Conte subbed Luiz off against Roma in the Champions League and the defender reacted in a manner in which you would not expect from a senior player. "Sometimes I can do the best things for my team".

"Everyone can also say how well he did at Chelsea", he told the London Evening Standard. Today, I did this, and Christensen played an fantastic game.

"It is a big call because if you take on these players in that dressing room, where David Luiz is a big influence, a big character, you can lose at this club. I was very happy for this", Conte said in the press conference following the win over United.

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has denied speculations that he could be moving back to Italy for the AC Milan job were under-fire Vincenzo Montella to be sacked, insisting he's contented to do his job with the Premier League champions.

Luiz's Brazilian teammate Kenedy was subsequently left out of the squad to face United after being caught yawning during the meeting.

Other reports by Insurance News

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER