Manhunt underway after 3 people shot in San Francisco park - RT America

Javier Howell
August 5, 2017

On Thursday at the San Francisco Dolores park, some gunman opened fire in public, leaving 3 people injured. One man is in critical condition, another was treated and released and the third victim is a teenage boy.

A man who witnessed a shooting at a busy San Francisco park says it happened after about half a dozen men started shouting and acting threateningly on a park's bridge.

Unconfirmed reports on social media indicate that at least one person was wounded in the incident; ABC7 reports that a wounded male victim has been transported to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

One man, who goes by the name Hatter, said several park regulars had confronted the group and that he heard people yelling.

Police have not yet released further information about their investigation.

"I normally can handle (myself) well in these situations, but I was pretty sure I had just lost my life", he said, the Chronicle reported.

Several witnesses said they saw one shooter.

Dolores Park turned into a chaotic scene when an unknown suspect fired shots into the crowd gathered at the popular tourist destination on Thursday evening.

People began running after realizing there had been gunshots, she said.

Other witnesses said the men then scattered into the neighborhood.

Antonia Juhasz told the San Francisco Chronicle that the park was "packed with kids, packed with people" at the time of the shooting.

Juhasz said many parents and children did not react fast enough to the danger because they thought the gunshots were fireworks.

Josh Long, who also witnessed the shooting, said he seen a man wearing a grey hoodie pulled up over his head.

Other reports by Insurance News

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER